Tape the sound

Monday, March 18, 2024

FAWM 2024 February Album Writing Month

February Album Writing Month. 11.th time this year. This community is really inspirering for doing new songs. And I always challenge myself to do thing that is outside my comfort zone. This year it was really a bad environment for me to work under. Except the beginning where I was at my cottage in Rendalen for 10 days. After that I had to be on Nesodden due to moving to a new apartment that was not ready. So I had the minimum of equipment to work with, in a really small space. Really small! But I worked it out somehow. 13 new songs. Or demo songs is maybe a better word. This is composer month and the real production coming up later. But as I did 2 years ago, I made videos of some of them this year also. (Only excerpts from the full songs)

fawm.org is really a friendly community. 2600 people are into this. Of course I can`t get to know them all. But over the years there are some good fellow musicians that I get to know. This year I will mention @heliosonorous that follow me and comments all songs. Thank you! I feel that I didn`t respond to all my friends this year as I should. That is because of the challenge I had to work under. The more you give the more you get. But this year I had to focus on time and space to actually get something done at all. All time low actually. But that is to change next year I hope. 

I also did more songs with norwegian lyrics this year. To write lyrics is quite a challenge for me. I am an instrumental guy after all. But I think a challenge to struggle with, is good for the creativity. 


So here are the title of the songs I did this year:

Home again by @engebretsen  #techno #fawmtronica #synthpop 

Gone Too Far by @engebretsen  #fawmtronica #cinematic #soundscape

Hvem skulle det vært? by @engebretsen  #rock #postpunk

Vinter by @engebretsen  #fawmtronica #electronic #instrumental

There Was A Time by @engebretsen  #disco #synthpop #80s

Tell me by @engebretsen  #poprock

Det Gjør Ikke Det by @engebretsen  #rock #singer_songwriter #dark

Heaven by @engebretsen  #fawmtronica #instrumental #soundscape

Go Go Go by @engebretsen  #electro_prog #prog #cinematic

Spiritwalker by @engebretsen  #fawmtronica #cinematic #instrumental

Come Closer by @engebretsen  #electronic #rock #pop_rock

Livet er kort by @engebretsen  #folk #singer_songwriter #indie_folk

Don`t Care by @engebretsen  #singer_songwriter #dark #softrock

 



"Don`t Care" 
Excerpts from the first song this year. 

Comments on Fawm: 

@arcane

So moody! Love the drums and the bass work, so catchy.
Dark as a moonlit landscape.
Well done!

 

@headfirstonlyMod

Dark? Yes please. That sinister bass is like butter. When it drops out for the verses, it really leaves a hole, doesn't it? Nice one!

 

@heliosonorous

Dark and powerful, the melody hits hard and grabs the attention!

 

@gammafied

I really like the percussion here. The emotion comes across in the lyrics, the arrangement and the music. It is hard when someone hurts you and tries to come back to normal without a process.

 

@nagavaeoe

This reminds me a bit of early Pink Floyd.
And a little bit of The Church.
Cool little tune.